Tuesday, April 15, 2008

EXPERIMENT 2

Quotations of Clients












Stephen Hawking


It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven't done badly. People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.

Reference: The Quotations Page 2007, USA, accessed 15 April 2008, . (website)












Florence Nightingale


I never pray for anything temporal...but when each morning comes, I kneel down before the Rising Sun, only sayj, Behold the handmaid of the Lord - give me this day my work to do - no, not my work, but thine.


Reference: Florence Nightingale to Aunt Hannah Nicholson, 24 September 1846, British Library Additional Mauscripts (London) 45794: ff 39-40. (mauscript)












Jane R. Goodall


The animal nature of man was one of the most ancient themes of the drama, and it was to the fore in non-dramatic performances such as acrobatics, clowning acts and monster shows, where humans and animals often worked together.

Reference: Goodall, JR 2002, Performance and Evolution in the Age of Darwin, Routledge, USA and Canada. (Book)

No comments: